Tuesday, 6 June 2006

24/7

By the way, I’m engaging in an activity one could scarcely have imagined even five years ago: remote blogging. These posts are seemingly all posted at the same time but I have been writing them in coffee shops and Turkish restaurants up and down Stoke Newington. My favourite possession, my handbag-sized 12” iBook, is the thing that makes this remote blogging possible, and if I could be bothered to go to the Angel and sit in Tinderbox where they have wireless connectivity I could even upload at the same goddamn time. But I can’t be bothered. I kind of like the old-fashioned handmade feel of a blog uploaded off my own ISP. Call it the information-age equivalent of dressing up in a shepherdess frock.

The iBook, by the way, is discontinued. This is very sad news. It’s been replaced by a rather cumbersome-looking 13” laptop in white or black, which weighs nearly 6oz more, and is unfetchingly called the MacBook. It has one of those PC processors Macintosh is so unaccountably proud of — considering they’ve spent the last 20 years telling us theirs were better, like what is THAT about?!? — and a remote control (white only, reason enough for Baroque never to order a black one), but it wouldn’t fit in a handbag. We are not impressed.

And, now I’ve got that off my chest, it’s time to take my precious ikkle computer and go home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you have a blog now, Katy. I've linked you.