Friday, 16 June 2006

the best things in life are free

Okay so the money-saving tips are not arriving. Ms Baroque has had a fabulous cut & colour (at Beaucatcher in Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 — not money-saving, but fun), bought some sweet green earrings made from buttons (Hamiltons, Church St as above), purchased £140-worth of groceries, black patent leather sandals, oh and some Hugo Boss perfume. Well, that one was an emergency. So I think the money-making tip here is just don’t turn out like me. Let them eat Waitrose foodstuffs and drink French rosé.

On the upside, I did make a double recipe of homemade biscotti this morning, which if you consider that they’re a pound each off the counter at Caffe Nero is an almost incalculable saving.














And Regents Park, the most romantic place I think I’ve ever been (I know, how sad is that), is free. The roses are like something out of Boucher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First : I like the title....
Second : I don't have to pay for fresh air and sunlight.
Third : My body and soul was given by God. Gratis.
....and so on...

Ms Baroque said...

Thanks for that, ufukhati. Yep, lots of things are free. I think you might find that the body, whilst technically "given" for free, requires strenuous and often costly upkeep in the way of food, exercise, lodging, clothing, maintenance of growing parts eg hair, nails, etc, cleaning, and indeed (which is culturally acceptable in most societies) beautifying. The soul itself may arguably be cheaper to maintain but mine, for example, requires lots of books to keep from going a bit stale.

Have a fab day,

Baroque

Anonymous said...

I agree.