Sunday, 17 September 2006

we might have known

... by the way, it appears that the shoes for the new Sofia Coppola film "Marie Antoinette" were all designed by Manolo Blahnik. He will sell the designs in his shops - one pair of each of five designs, one pair in each of five sizes.

The queue starts...

... ... ...

... ...

...
HERE! (but wear trainers and carry a stick)

PS - no pics on web. If I can, I'll scan it. It is too, too funny.

PPS - On second thought, no, I'm not quite interested enough. Though as I remarked, the fever is building, and it is going to be interesting to observe the jostling for place of the New Utilitarian and the New Excess. I forgot to mention the other day the amount of metallic leather around at the moment.

And my colleague remarks, this little wheeze does take movie merchandising to a new height (well, about 2 inches).

I did love the part in The Observer where Manolo himself was gushing something like, "Marie Antoinette has always been such an inspiration to me in all my work! It is wonderful to see her getting the adulation she deserves at last!" or words to that effect. The sad, sad sack.

No comments: