new in, also from New York

... but this time it's the magazine. Its article on Frederick Seidel begins:
“If Modigliani had painted Gerald Ford, the result might look a little like Frederick Seidel. The man is sumptuous. He hangs on the edge of a red-leather banquette behind his regular corner table at Cafe Luxembourg, cradling a second espresso, and his ash-colored suit—made to measure by Richard Anderson of 13 Savile Row—fits so perfectly that it looks like it was dusted onto his slender frame with a box of confectioners’ sugar. More excellent still is Seidel’s voice. When he says “past” it comes out “pahst.” His friend Diane Von Furstenberg had it right when she told me “Fred is a very luxury man.”Read on. It puts him in a slightly different light from the one I had him in, even though his website is so beautiful.
The article quotes two lines of poetry I love (having not read the poem they're in. However, I will):
At her old apartment at 12, Rue de Seine
We lived like hummingbirds on nectar and oxygen.
(Photo: Larry Fink)





No comments:
Post a Comment