elegant little birds
I haven't put, simply, a dress on here in some time. This dress makes my spirits fly like little birds, just looking at the picture. Click on the picture to go to the original piece at The Thoughtful Dresser, where she has a very good quote to go with it.
If you should for any reason have a problem thinking of this dress as "something to wear," trying to compartmentalise it in the same part of your brain where you keep your tatty old jeans or your sensible skirts from M&S, do me a favour. Look at it again, as something someone made. Look at the construction and the shape of it. And look at those yellow gloves.





10 comments:
What a wonderful frock.
I want it.
Puss
the girl in the picture thinks it's 'something to wear' Miss B, or why would she be wearing marigolds as well?
it is lovely though, more architecture than fashion
Hi Ms B
Nice, very nice.
xxx
Pants
Rilly super got there first, I'm afraid, but it's great to see a cleaner who doesn't see her occupation as a barrier to high fashion. That's dedication.
Jesus - can;t take you two anywhere. Thanks Ms P, I knew I coudl count on you. And Puss - you come & sit with me...
(PS - Even I'd be wearing my marigolds if they looked like that!)
It's Galliano for Dior and the most beautiful picture that has ever appeared on my blog. The spirit does indeed soar and as for the comments about the Marigolds, geniuses are frequently derided by the masses.
I'm still trying to figure out the hat, for heaven's sake, but the whole thing makes me think of Brazilian music. Her just standing there, posing just seems ... wrong, somehow. She needs to be dancing, that girl.
LOL crickey I'm one of the masses!
Which presumes:
(i) that it somehow wouldn't be genius if they were, in fact, marigolds; and
(ii) either way, the definition of genius in this context is not open to dispute.
I've always wondered with fashion awards whether they should go to the designer or the sweat shop workers who actually make the stuff. I'd have thought both, since good design poorly executed wouldn't win awards, would it?
Sorry, I'll go back to cleaning the oven.
Toby, hi there and welcome! Yes, the hat. And the wonderful shoes! Do you not have a link?
P Ump dear, yes, you go and do that. I always think it's funny how there is seemingly no topic more incendiary than clothes - politics and religion are maybe only marginally more controversial... I just knew this dress was going to spark something off.
Isn't the flower marvellous? Boucher.
just who are you calling 'the masses' Mrs Grant? I used to use the same designer as did the emperor's new clothes you know..
Post a Comment