Saturday, 22 December 2007

what is going wrong here?

£83 in Tesco, and when I unpacked it, most of it was different kinds of cake. Christmas cake, Duchy Originals mini-mince pies, 2 Stollens, panettone, panforte, and, er, oh an Italian selections box, comtaining all kinds of Pandoro, amaretti biscuits and cantuccini etc. To give away. This is what comes of going shopping when you're hungry. And I'd have been happy enough with a carrot stick.

Books, though? Only in the form of Amazon parcels, which are not to be confused with sausage-meat parcels, which I did not buy. There are three books now waiting to be reviewed, and I did look inside them, but we are in those final days when there is no point, no point at all.

Aside from that I can say nothing. Father Christmas is a very busy man and I am his personal assistant.

4 comments:

@SEBBYWOOD said...

There is something about Tesco, a simple Physiology that makes me want to spend a lot more than I need too. Rather annoying because I know it's happening, and I don't try to resist.

Amazon parcels are great things when they arrive on time, but when they don't [insert rather laborious link here], it can rather frustrating!

I've enjoyed reading your last few blogs, I hope to be reading more of them soon...

From Seb, a fellow Hacknian? Hackneyite? Hack? Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

We've shopped on-line at Tesco for years. I've almost forgotten what it's like wandering round with a heavily-laden cart.

Pants said...

Hi Ms B and Seb White too - Tesco's has the opposite effect on me. If I had to rely on it for food, I'd literally starve. Absolutely nothing in there inspires me to buy it. Ms B, sounds like you got about 20 quids worth of food and 63 quids worth of basket. Happy Christmas.

xxx

Pants

Ms Baroque said...

Jim, I sometimes shop online. I also sometimes like to see what I'm buying before I buy it.

Ms P, I also got fruit, vegetables, a turkey, some tins of things, two packs of bacon, wrapping paper, a big box of crackers, and other things I can no longer remember. And a lemon.