happiness is...

...having a terrible, stinking, streaming cold, the kind that makes full-blown flu sound fun, seeing yourself in the mirror and looking even more washed-out than you feel, finding that your last bit of Nurofen has fallen out of your handbag, the rotter, and not being allowed to take Day Nurse anyway because it apparently aggravates your glaucoma (go figure), but anyway there isn't even any in the house - only Night Nurse which is even worse for you and in any case would put you out - realising that you are really not up to going and getting the Christmas tree, but you aren't ill enough to go to bed properly, and in any case seem be have been slightly hyper-sensitive to the caffeine in your morning coffee...
...and then discovering that the Rio Cinema has a Gérard Depardieu double bill on this afternoon! Oh, yes it does.
And it's okay because you have already written your four calling birds poem - albeit with only one calling bird, but it's a highly effective calling bird, so that's okay then.
You know where to find me.





3 comments:
Mazel tov?
Miss Baroque, I fear the other three calling birds took one look at your flu symptoms and decided to fly south for the winter after all. I do wish you a speedy recovery. let me know if there's anything you need to tide you by, some hot toddy or a DVD of Green Card perhaps
RTS, thanks! The cinema was definitely the right idea there, and everything else is slowly falling into place, as it always does.
Rilly, many thanks. I know you probably hone your nursing skills when you go up north - in those Victorian novels it seems all you had to do was go to Yorkshire and suddenly you were sick!
Well, I love a hot toddy, and to this day if I want to make myself smile all I have to do is imagine Gérard Depardieu saying to the vegetarian boyfriend, "you - you cucumber!"
I'm feeling better already.
Post a Comment