Saturday, 5 August 2006

born yesterday


Xander Nicholas Evans





















My nephew's baby!! Jeez, the generations are really running into each other in this family. Ms B is now a ridiculously youthful great-aunt, to say nothing of my little sister being a (gulp) grandma... Craaaazy!

By the way, I do know his name comes from Buffy. I wish I'd been there to see the look on Nana Baroque's face when I told her that, though. Don't you love his hat?

They should be out of the hospital by tomorrow in which instance I hope to have a pic of the Mama, too.

Note: it is now morning and this is only just sinking in. Ever been hit with the last chapter before the first? And Danny, (or, as we can now call him, Daddy) was really the most adorable baby that ever lived. It wasn't very long ago, either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now stop trying to sound old, Katy. You're a spring chicken, plenty of time to write another few dozen books of poetry before they trundle you off to the old poets' home.

But congratulations on the arrival of baby Xander! What a role-model he has to live up to, eh?

Big Buffy fan, me, since marrying a sci-fi & fantasy/horror fanatic and being forced to watch the show from start to finish. And to think I used to scoff at a certain Mr Astley for admiring it so much.

Must nip off now and practise my high kicks ...

Jx