elegantly dressed Wednesday, and beyond!
How funny! Quink and I have been doing the same thing. It must be the autumn air creeping on us. I spent hours this evening, when I should have been catching up with Albert Square or reading, or at least cleaning the kitchen, instead voraciously reading the internet, in search of the new. Eleven hours in front of a screen today, I think.
Inspired by his wanderings, Quink has instituted - probably fifty yards from where I'm sitting - a fiendishly civilised custom I'm eager to participate in. 'Elegantly Dressed Wednesday' is right up Ms B's street. All I need is a picture of someone dressed elegantly to celebrate the middle of the week. I'll begin right now, with an image that somehow sums up my Baroque existence in the office. (I'm not usually quite this dressed, but I will say that today I wore three little leopard-print bangles...) Also, I wanted his little logo, see right.
The site I was most deeply mired in this evening is The Friday Project, a genius endeavour it's hard to believe no one ever thought of before. Well, no one with the right contacts and expertise. Some of their blogs are scary - even scarier than Scaryduck. Manchester-based Elizabeth Baines is writing about writing, and about clothes, which is very fitting (geddit?!?!) for a Wednesday of elegance.
Random Acts of Reality is compulsive reading, and I always keep up with Dave Hill's Temperama. (Damn, Hackney has some good writers in it!) But in this tiny world - as Quink has so rightly pointed out - so, probably, do you.
Ealier today, indeed, the Fiction Bitch (also hungry for sensation) had linked to Scott Pack of the Friday Project, whose blog "Me and My Big Mouth" started me off earlier, over my pasta - and to The Age of Uncertainty. Now, speaking of tiny worlds, this blog features a really scary series of photographs of models of the cosmos. Look, and quake in your gold-strap sandals. (And then go find some boots: it's cold.)





1 comment:
Hurrah! You are the very first to adopt Elegantly Dressed Wednesday; and your chosen picture is top hole. I sense we are at the birth of a mighty sartorial movement...
Post a Comment