battle of the blogs
Okay, there is this thing - the Battle of the Blogs - which is being run by a lovely person in Brooklyn called Leesa. Ms B has been nominated* for it, which means Ms B now wants you to go and vote for her. I know, there's been a lot of this stuff lately. At least nobody had to go and vote over at Norm's blog.
I'm up against one other blog, it's like a knockout. Of course if you get there and like the other blog better, I'm duty-bound to tell you to vote for that one! Oh yes! There's to be no funny stuff.
Anyway the round that I'm in can be found here.
Go and see what you think.
* thank you, Periodic Englishman!





4 comments:
You're very welcome, Ms Baroque. I've been and voted for you already. I think that Bloggers on this side of The Atlantic may struggle against those from "over there", however. I certainly plan to use this as my own excuse, in any event.
I have to say - no, I really don't, but I will anyway - that the competitive edge of the whole thing makes me rather uneasy. I saw that Ms Melancholy and NMJ were in direct competition, and felt entirely unable to cast my vote. I know that it is only a bit of fun, but I would have felt simply dreadful picking one of them over the other. Even secretly. I have to go and try again.
And I am left to bitterly rue having voted for my direct competitor, as he sails over the horizon and out of sight. I thought I'd be able to vote for myself afterwards. I wasn't. I hate my life.
You, however, I like. Go Baroque. Yay.
Kind regards etc...
You will have my vote, Ms B. And not just because I rudely appropriated something nice you said about me - at least, by removing it from its original context, it was made to look like a ringing endorsement (:-) and used it as my own shameless puff.
Thank you, P-Ump. When did I call you an ornament to the blogosphere??? Not that you aren't. And it looks very nice up there on your sidebar.
Ms. B: I went there and did a little voting today in honor of it being a municipal election day here in Chicago. Like PE, I was aghast to see NMJ and Ms. M facing off. They used to be friends, before all of this.
Since I am not in the competition (not bitter about that, not at all) I shall be tracking my favorites as they win or lose and face other challengers.
And, yes, I cast a ballot for you.
Post a Comment