if you don't vote, does the moon topple?
Yes. It does.
Ms Baroque has done something she thought she might never do again. She has written a short work of fiction. The operative word here, I must warn you, is short: it is 500 words long.
The short story, which by the way still needs editing (but can't have it for now) was really fun to write - it basically felt kind of like roller skating - and is now entered in the MoonTopples Great Big Awesome (Short) Fiction Contest. Once voting finishes I will give it an edit and post it up here in Baroque Mansions.
Here is your task. Click on the link. the picture is also a link, if you think that would be more fun to click on. Go to the MoonTopples site, read the short stories, decide which one you think is by me, and vote for it. It won't take you too long, they're all only 500 words long.
This tape will self-destruct in sixty seconds.





5 comments:
"Decide which one you think was written by me and vote for it?!?"
Oh, Ms. B., I'm so disappointed by your language. I know you meant to say that your readers should vote for the entry they like the best, regardless of who wrote it.
Also, there's a friendly voting graphic you can use if you wanna, especially since you've made it clickable.
Thanks for helping get the word out. It is much appreciated.
Hi Moon! Of course that is what I meant. I think my readers know that. I'm also pretty confident that no one will ever guess which one is mine.
I chose this graphic just because it spells out the words of the contest. But I'm sure I'll do a reminder and use the other one sometime before the 14th!
Thanks again for doing this fun, labour-intensive and really great thing!
I agree Mr Moon Topples is fantastic for doing this contest which has really brought us all together in a competitive arena which we all so enjoy, right? And none of us will be nail biting at all, or trying to work out who wrote what at all right? What we'll all be doing over the next couple of days is calmly and neutrally adjudicating right?
Ms. B: I was only chiding you in fun. Obviously you would never be so underhanded as to force your readers to vote only for you.
As to the graphic, I mentioned it only because neither myself nor its designer seemed to like it much, but time was short when the contest went live. The new one, which I did, is a bit less gaudy.
Also, maybe for the next contest, you'll consider editing your story before submitting it.
And TSP: Sorry for your nails. A friend of mine says he has been checking the voting on an almost constant basis, which surprised me. I didn't anticipate how much people would want to know how they're doing and who wrote what. Hopefully, it's more fun and mysterious than it is irritating.
Mr M, I knew you were toying with my vanity. I sorta like the graphic but don't you fret: I'll use the other one next time! See, I'm building up a momentum.
As to the editing, all I can say is I was amazed to find time to write it at all - and I'm a terrible tinkerer. I'd have missed the deadline if I'd left it. (As I've said elsewhere, I even go back for days and edit blog posts.)
Post a Comment