Tuesday, 18 September 2007

it's a lovefilm, hatefilm thing

Okay, and here's another thing: I know people always talk about the incredible economies of scale in the US market, but get this. If LoveFilm is Europe's biggest postal film rental company, and has x gazillion members across the EU all gobbled up from smaller companies they bought out etc etc, why do they charge us £9.99 a month?

I couldn't help noticing, because of the banner ads across the top of my sister's screen every time I logged on in the States, that the equivalent American service, Netflix, charges $4.99 a month! Er - yeah. That's one-quarter what I pay.

So what the f*@!'s that about?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It depends on your specific terms of service, Netflix. For $4.99, you can rent two movies a month, one at a time. I have the three at a time however many I want in all plan, which is $17.

Sis

PS Your last post before this one made me all teary xxoo

Ms Baroque said...

Sis, that's still less than I pay.

But (as the old commercials went) I'm not bitter,

Political Umpire said...

Welcome back to the UK, Ms B . . .

Anonymous said...

Well, don't hate me because I'm beautiful ...

Sis

p.s. Do you remember that one?

Ms Baroque said...

LOL. I don't hate you, only Lovefilm!