snow! excitement! children!
Well, readers, there is a major weather system moving through the Ulster County area and into Connecticut. Mama Baroque and Sis were going to drive me to Woodstock, the bro's big yellow 4x4 (aka Big Bird) being too full of teenagers and dogs to carry the Baroque personage as well, but now it is not possible. So I am to go on a Peter Pan bus lines bus to New York City (two and a bit hours), and thence to Woodstock (another two and a bit hours) (with an hour's stopover in the City); to supervise me I will have a charming and loquacious ten-year-old who looks strangely like me.
Hurrah!
I've stipulated that she must have a book to read...
And tomorrow there will be a Snow Day. No school! (Note: well, it is easy to predict a snow day. Anyone can do that, just as Mark Twain was able to quit smoking 500 times. Driving through the mere few inches in a strangely calm New Paltz and Kingston I realised how precarious a skill this really is, as my darling companion's face got longer and longer. Soon she was reminiscing about some cartoon she'd seen on Nickelodeon about some character who faked a doctor's note.)





1 comment:
Snow? Woodstock? I'm so jealous... The Peter Pan bus line stops at the best rest-stops. Talk about unafraid of bad taste.
Love the Mozart in the previous post, Ms. B. It is one of my favourite pieces.
Post a Comment