Thursday, 10 January 2008

SAD and me

That is:
sniffling and dripping; or
shuffling and drooping; or
Sopranos all day; or
sore eyes and dyspepsia; or
sullen and drawn; or
skint and desperate; or
Sense and Densibility (favourite movie quote: "You are my density"); or
sleeping and dreaming; or
sore throats and dreariness; or
slopping around dolorously; or
scribbling against deadline; or
swotting and dredging; or
sweating and drafts; or
sorry aching days...

Too bad these initials don't cover:
impacted wisdom tooth, or
nasty gum infection, or
weird neverending virus, or
antibiotics no wine (apparently with these things if you have like one drop you can't even stand up, and it causes nausea and vomiting), or
crippling period pains, or
book review due, or
more books arriving, or
back at work, or
never cold enough (to kill the germs, I mean), or
when's groundhog day?

On the plus side, the Urban Warrior has had his hair cut off - all of it! A number 4 all round. I've not seen it yet but Mlle B assures me it makes him look entirely less greasy. Frabjous day! And I just made him a hat!

And actually, things aren't that bad. The tooth on the bottom that was hurting is apparently fine, it was just referred pain from the wisdom tooth. And a week without a single glass of wine could save me - oh - 3,000 calories. That's almost a pound.

3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Just the initials SAD make me shudder. I bought one of those light boxes last year - bloody expensive but it was worth it - have been much better this year. You can pick them up on ebay.

Here's to longer days.

Puss

Charles Lambert said...

Sympathetic and dulled by overwork?

Feel better?

Ms Baroque said...

Puss, the other thing that you can get is those daylight-simulation lightbulbs, which are marketed for arts & crafts - made by the Daylight Company. I have them all over my house, originally for my eyesight but in fact they're fab. AND low-energy, though nor marketed that way.

As it happens, I don't suffer too much seasonally - it was just an idea, really. And Charles, as always, of course I feel better! Do feel free to think of more.

Anyway, I was in the Girly Clinic this morning and have been given some totally over-the-top painkillers, and let me tell you. Boy! Are those tulips I see?