the battle continues
Continuing the campaign against ruining Stoke Newington, I'm interested to see that Diamond Geezer has made a very useful Starbucks Map of London, by postcode.
When I looked on the Find Your Starbucks Density site I found it a bit scary, you know, being within five miles of 120 outlets of Starbucks. But looking at this map I'm very cheered to see the section I live in - that big one up at the top with far fewer Starbuckses in it - looking so nice and empty. That's because my part of town has other, independent, coffee shops in it. They make better coffee. And they're prettier. And you can chat to the owners. And they have real food.
But expect it to change. This map is likely to look different by next month, and then the month after that, and the month after that and the month after that and and and
If you, reading, this, live near Stoke Newington, please go sign the petition in the old Vortex in Church Street.





6 comments:
Yep - places with great independent cafes that serve real food are exactly where Starbucks want to be.
Here in Marrickville we're only within 5 miles of 3 of them, but I find that frightening enough. Their coffee is vile. And what's a frappaccino anyway - no, actually, I don't want to know.
I read that as 'find your Starbucks Destiny'. My Starbucks destiny is No Starbucks Ever. I'm going to sign that petition today.
Marie, you've just reprsied one of myfavourite jokes (lame, I know), in "Back to the Future" where the geeky nerdy kid - who is Michael J Fox's future dad, if only he can get his mother away from the school jock - goes up to the future mother, egged on by Michael J Fox, and blurts out: "You are my density."
I didn;t know you were local! Yes! go sign it! I hear from my kids that the people in there also like to offer free counselling, opinons, etc. Try & look busy I guess.
That's reprised, of course. God I'm sick of typing.
TSP, yes, and our cafes are too good. They won't stand a chance.
Meredith: think "sugar". It's like a milkshake.
Post a Comment