Friday, 2 February 2007

look ma, no shadow!










"Okay campers, rise & shine - and don't forget your booties because it's co-o-old out there today!"

Just for the record: Punxsatawnie Phil did not see his shadow today. It was the 15th time since something like 1886 that he didn't see his shadow.*

Good news! (It'll be the global warming.) (shut up. ed.)

*Lucky little groundhogs. Someone's just reminded me that they hibernate.

6 comments:

The Moon Topples said...

Ms. B: Sure, he didn't see his shadow, but it is still -21°C here in Chicago right now.

Before the windchill.

I don't think Ol' Mr. Groundhog can control things as much as he pretends.

The Moon Topples said...

By the way, I've been reading you for a while in Bloglines, waiting for just the right moment to write something pithy on one of your posts, and then you swoop in the other day and post on my blog, leaving me feeling silly.

So, anyway, I link you now.

Ms Baroque said...

Hi there Mr Moon! Ohhh, yesterday I hate to tell you. It was at least 60 in London I think. Fahrenheit of course.

And we don't even have groundhogs in this country.

Well, wrap up warm! I do sort of pine for a "real winter"... a snow-off-mitten-shaking, frozen-nose, crispifying, white, kill-the-germs winter. Jealous, me.

Ms Baroque said...

Woo hoo! I'm so happy, I beat you to it! I love your blog. I will repair that missing link pronto.

By the way, we are totally snap with the groundhogs, but I want you to know I posted mine and then saw yours.

And did you notice I stole your library thing? I was going to write a post and credit you with it. I still will. Talk about a fun way to waste an evening. It's like when I was a kid and used to spend hours arranging my books in different kinds of order. (Yes: sad, isn't it.)

The Moon Topples said...

I used to to do the same thing, meticulously dividing by subject and author, when I was a wee lad.

These days, they are everywhere, in no order at all, really. I've blown more than one evening putting stuff in there, and probably will do many more. I even bought the little bar code thing they advertise.

Glad some other folk like the LibraryThing, though. I was worried that liking it meant I was strange.

Ms Baroque said...

It does, Mr M. But at least you have company.