Friday, 19 October 2007

The inevitable paradox has come. Futurism is a thing of the past...



















...Vorticism has come. "Its official mouthpiece is a cerise magazine called Blast."

Yeah, well.

One can't afford to get sentimental. Great, though, isn't it?

(hat tip Jilly Dybka's Poetry Hut)

2 comments:

Richard Epstein said...

I find Lewis sort of an embarrassment, what with his mistaking violently angry excess for satire and his odd habit of being wrong about everything. I think the embarrassment is that he makes me think, as I consider current Wunderkinder, "Now who is our Wyndham Lewis?"

Ms Baroque said...

Richard, Lewis and Pound and Gaudier-Brzeska did accomplish something all right. But at what a price in hyperbole! To be honest, I posted this up when I was a bit drunk and I thought the picture was really funny. And it's been annoying me all weekend.

But don't you just love that, "its official mouthpiece is a cerise magazine"..?

As to your question, it would be only too easy to answer it.