Tuesday, 17 October 2006

London Lite

I hate it! Isn't just the very concept - a watered-down, blandicated version of our beautiful city - as well as the stupid spelling, isn't it just detestable? And which is more detestable, the name, or the concept, or those awful oppressed people in purple polo shirts, thrusting these execrable organs in your face every few yards as you try to walk to the station??? One on each side of the road, as you cross; another a few yards on, in case you missed the others; come on! WHO thinks that's a good idea??

And London is turning into nothing but a tawdry sea of trampled, dirty newsprint. If it's this bad now, think what it's going to be like in late November.

I can't help it. I HATE 'London Lite.'

In other news, however, I've finally caught up - I think I might have flu, I spent the whole entire evening in bed taking my temperature (100.5) and watching the last week's 'Enders - and, great news. At LAST. Johnny Allen's back! And Jake's going to turn, you can see it happening already, it's that look in his eye. I haven't seen today's yet. Ah, thank God. Thank you, lovely BBC!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy,

Your out-of-town readers (who do not have said rag shoved in their faces every morning) are curious as to what the hell London Lite is. Having nothing better to do than... well... finalizing lesson plans and making dinner and starting a load of laundry, I Googled the thing.

Wow... and I've been griping about the quality of the Irish press!

Ms Baroque said...

Quincy you are correct. It is a scourge, and is wrecking London.

Hope you got your dinner, laundry AND lesson plans done!