Thursday, 19 October 2006

sickness

It's no joke; today far worse than yesterday - I'm only writing this because I went to sleep for an hour and woke up 1.2C degrees cooller, with all the bedding drenched. So I'm in clean sheets. I managed a small baked apple. But is it a cure? Probably not yet: still plenty of scope for another sleepless night wandering the corridor like an apparition, wrapped in a pink Ikea blanket (fleece) and groaning...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say to dose yourself with a vat of Ny-Quil, except it isn't available in Ireland and I'd therefore imagine isn't in England either. But I've gotten a few poems out of a combination of low-grade fever and strong cough medicine.

At any rate, get better.

Quincy

Mark Granier said...

Sorry you're still unwell Katy. Some pleasantly disposed god (a Braoque angel perhaps) should beam you to a happier, warmer place where you can stretch content as a cat for a couple of weeks and do nothing but sup, write and read. Hope you recover soon.

Ms Baroque said...

Thanks, you two. Quincy, the UK equivalent would be Night Nurse; but I'm now told I can't take any of those things because of my eye. Anyway, no one ever wrote anything with a stomach ache like that! Even the Ikea blanket was shut in the room with the Rock God last night...

Mark, you are so right.

Anyway, today I've eaten some soup - even made the soup - very nourishing with onion, potatoes, carrots, celery & spinach. Whizzed. No milk in. And I do feel a bit better, though still hot.