elegant extra!
The more observant among you will have noticed that I have not yet put up an elegantly Dressed Wednesday post today. Ths is partly because I have been in bed all morning, completely wrung out by the exertions of my very first trip into town in oh, two months! (Yes: armed with the common sense and potion of my newly favourite-ever herbalist, I went to the Poetry Library yesterday to sit among some books I don't own, for a change. More on that later, if I have the strength.)
The other reason is that the only thing I have done today was to write an Elegantly Dressed Wednesday post over on Non-Working Monkey! Yes!
In a development almost too exciting, NWM asked me last week if I'd be willing to help out on her blog while she's away, cycling around France with a pathologist who cuts his own hair. I could hardly believe it. At first I thought I knew what I would write, but then I couldn't think of anything. Then I had annother idea but it was rubbish. So the other day I made my first outing on her blog, disgracefully using a whole post just to tell a very silly joke. (It is the funniest joke in the world, though, so I'm hoping she won't mind.)
Today, thinking always of her high standards as well as personal happiness, etc, I have passed on my style advice for her as she ventures into her new life in a giant fruit-basket in Canada. It is the first-ever EDW post on Non-Working Monkey. (nb. Some of you may recognise the dress; I featured it last year. I just can't stay away from it.)
I will try to do another EDW here too, making it a double-scoop-extra day, but do be patient.





2 comments:
is it me or is the poetry library disappointingly dark and dingy on its reopening, and specific magazines harder to find? i had hoped to be pleasantly surprised by changes after the long closure, and the opposite was the case. The previous layout and brightnes wasn't brilliant, but adequate. maybe i was there on a day a few lightbulbs had blown and were awaiting replacement (?)
Mikey, see my next post. I do have thoughts on the subject...
Post a Comment