Sunday, 29 April 2007

overheard at the supermarket

"No, you remember Rosie, who played the dominatrix in our play?" (pause)

"Yeah, and now she's in another play, so I really have to go and support her... mmm... hmm... well, I'll have to leave by 6.30." (pause)

"Well we don't have to drink much wine, do we!"

2 comments:

The Moon Topples said...

Ms. B: nice slice of life. When I was in London, I passed by two separate people on the same day who said: "No! I'm really more of a cat person." Not as good as yours, obviously, but I found it strange.

And I would be remiss if I did not call attention to the GBA(s)FC #2, which kicks off May 1st over at my blog. Hope to see you and your readers there!

Political Umpire said...

Did they buy their wine at the supermarket? I wonder how much "much" actually is?

(PS I hope you read the Times correspondence on the price of fine wine recently ...)