Friday, 20 April 2007

these foolish things

















It's H**ler's birthday: maybe we should all send some flowers over to Bryan Ferry's studio. I'm thinking "Music in the Night" might be a good choice.

I know, I know, the Roxy one has apologised. But nothing can make up for being that stupid and vain in the first place.

Further thoughts, though. However glad the news is that it can cut both ways - see this report - Ms B is struck by the remark of the M&S spokesperson who said that Ferry's personal views are not the issue: "we chose him because he is a style icon." Kind of like you-know-who, then?

(There is a German word that springs to mind here. It's schadenfreude. Being the male Face of M&S may be punishment enough...)

6 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

The ties that bound us
are still around us.
There's no escape that I can see.
And still those little things remain
that bring me happiness or pain.

Big Chip Dale said...

Bryan Ferry has only one testicle, don't you know?

Ms Baroque said...

Erin, you'll have me weeping soon.

Chippy, okay, THIS foolish thing then!

Anyway in my usual low way I have to confess that this story has given me hours of innocent amusement. And the picture I've linked to ("this report" in my post") is my favourite Hitler image ever, aside from one the Sunday Sport ran in about 1988 over a headline: "HITLER WAS A WOMAN!" The picture featured a woman in a suit getting out of a 1940's car, with the head of Hitler. Glorious.

None of this has anything to do with Bryan Ferry, of course.

Jan said...

Hmm, re the FLOWERS:
Cheerful FRANGRANCE.
PEOTIC Composition.
Yeh, right, ...it's FRIDAY...Spelling Test day throughout every Primary school in the land...

Pants said...

Ouch Ms B - you are in scintillating form. You must be feeling a bit better then.

Anonymous said...

Ferry should also apologise for the awful music he's made over the years.

'Style icon'? If the 'looking like you've been maced and as if your piles are playing up' is style, I really must go and look for that memo... :-D