Thursday, 26 April 2007

too delicious











Should he be allowed loose in the streets?


I'm sorry. Once again halfway through a post about a culturally-worthy topic (the amazing film I watched last night - In the Mood for Love, & I WILL finish the post - maybe I can work it into my time-travel, Life on Mars, Doctor Who one) I am stopped in my tracks by something so delightful I can't resist it.

Hugh Grant's escapade with a photographer yesterday "near his west London home" simply makes me laugh every time I think of it. And these pictures on the BBC website have only increased the hilarity.

Schadenfreude? Oh yes. Not quite as exquisite as Johnny Depp's £11,000 bottle of wine - it will have to be something mighty spectacular that will beat that. Even if Hugh's beans cost £14.99 from Fortnums I don't think it would be as wonderful as that golden occasion was. But it is still a lot more fun than the usual types of episodes...

Why did it happen? The photographer he threw the beans at reckoned he was having a "bad hair day," but you'd think he had learned to live with those. It could be something to do with the delicate psyches of the rich and famous - after Depp's wine extravaganza, the first thing he did on leaving the restaurant was throw a plank of wood at a photographer. But maybe we will never know.

And just think: if Grant was only "near" his west London home, why was he carrying a "family-sized pot of baked beans"? Was he really out jogging? Does he always carry baked beans with him in the mornings? The only reason I even read the story in the first place was that, after seeing the headline, I had to know if the tin had been opened. Otherwise, surely, the photographer couldn't have been "covered in baked beans." But it is even better. It is Tupperware!

(n.b.: stay tuned, I've just noticed the Richard Gere-Shilpa Shetty headline...)

3 comments:

Steerforth said...

Some wag on the PM programme commented 'Beans Means Fines'.

ian said...

'In the mood for love' - wonderful film without a car chase in sight...

Ms Baroque said...

Steerforth, I tried and tried to think of a good pun. That one[s pretty good, and escaped me.

Hi there Ian, yep, it sure is. I'll do that post. It blew me away, even without explosives.