Newsflash: Potter casts incredible spell on Royal Mail
This morning I was in a deep sleep, tucked snugly beneath my feathery paisley-covered duvet, with my curls in complete repose on my new red gingham pillowcases; I can remember, I was having a dream, though I'm no longer sure what it was about.
Suddenly, catastrophe - the door buzzer, which crouches handily on the wall right outside the door of my room - God, that thing sounds loud when you're asleep! Thinking, "ohmigod what time is it have I slept till 11 or something where are my glasses what was that dream I'm coming who is it what the hell where am I," I struggle, manage to find my reading glasses, and get to the door right after a second very loud and impatient buzz.
"Hello," I mumble.
"Postman, I have a packet for you," says a voice.
I stand by the door. A postman comes up the stairs and thrusts quite a fat little Amazon parcel into my hands, addressed to the Urban Warrior, the Tall Blond Rock God and Mlle B. He doesn't have an owl with him.
I dump it unceremoniously onto the sideboard. Back in my bed, I look at the clock: it is 6.55.
Thanks Mom.





4 comments:
Ha Ha, does your mum obviously like to think your still a child at heart
James: the Urban Warrior, the Tall Blond Rock God and Mlle B are my kids.
However, I think the real reason my mother orders the new Harry Potter for my kids every time is because she's trying to work through her desire to buy it for herself.
Anyway, she told me on the phone that she's going to. She's gotta have it, see.
She did? Oh she's so wonderful... do you remember those tickets to the Rolling Thunder Review? Who ever had a Mama so wonderful as ours?
Sis
xxoo
P.S. I have to admit that I'm not a huge Potter fan. I like the movies, which I guess means I like the stories, but I just can't get through the books.
Sis, that'll be because they are turgid and heinously underedited.
Mom has always sent my kids the new Potter book, and as I say above I think it is vicarious pleasure for her, though on this occasion she sounded close to going and getting one! She's a star, of course.
Post a Comment