Wednesday, 15 November 2006

languor and eye drops

Off to Moorfields in the morning for my lasers. I'm under instructions after returning home to rest, sleep, put steroid eye drops in every hour, and generally not be on the computer. My kind and wonderful friend Jan is taking me (Jan: "So babe, we still on for Thursday? I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it!" Me: "You are? Why..?" Jan: "Cause I'll get to see you!!!") in her red two-seater convertible.

As I said to Mama Baroque: now all I have to worry about is the drive over. You haven't really learned to appreciate life till you've been in heavy traffic with my friend Jan.

To while away the hours (quite a lot of them, in fact) (& I think I might mean languor, eye drops and pain) I have purchased a complete recording of Ulysses on CD, read by some Irish bloke (not James Joyce, clearly). I wasn't messing with any CD that only plays for two hours - no use to man nor beast, frankly. Over before you've woken up from your catnap, that is. No, Ulysses is long, and it is entertaining, and I will feel I'm Doing Something.

Kind friends have offered to stop by (maybe I can do some dictating to a visitor; I imagine that must feel quite luxurious - & maybe my kind guest could also check my stats for me). The kids are chez papa, though I do expect to see la petite Mlle at some juncture, as she is usually here picking up items of apparel and having scented baths.

I shall be busy perfecting my brogue.

Yes, that's it: maybe some new shoes when it's all over...

3 comments:

Elizabeth Baines said...

I'm thinking of you, Katy.

Pants said...

Hope it went well and you're resting up and enjoying Ulysses. Stay as sweet as you are.

nmj said...

I hope it went well too, Katy, take care and heal soon.