Thursday, 23 November 2006

not what the pilgrims imagined

Staying with clothes for a moment, - and anyway I feel I did all this a bit backwards, with yesterday's Thanksgiving scene - I am very pleased to say that I have discovered the wondrous Manolo's Shoe Blog (click the link in the sidebar). It's not the blog of Manolo Blahnik, who must be far too busy designing shoes that look like insects, and being filthy rich, for that sort of thing; rather, it is the blog of a kind man called Manolo who simply wants everyone to be happy, and not wear Birkenstocks.

And I love Manolo, because (via the ever-bounteous Erin at A Dress A Day) he has brought us this gem-encrusted gem:

"However, the Manolo he only mentions the blog of the Harriet Miers in the passing, because today the Harriet she has brought this website of fashion atrocity to the attention of the Manolo. (This page of the fashion atrocity website, it almost sent the Manolo into the convulsions, as if he were the small Japanese child watching the frenetic episode of the Pokemon.)"

Oddly, it had almost the same effect on the Ms Baroque.

And be sure to check out Manolo's shoe disasters.

2 comments:

Julia said...

how come you've managed to post tomorrow already? lovely to see you last night - v impressed by the powers you retain to travel through time and space - jx

Ms Baroque said...

Julia I think it was the wine. I'm travelling back now - see?