The Galling Truth

Ms Baroque is posting this remotely from a bed in Homerton Hospital, where she has been turning yellower and yellower with each passing day. The sad fact is that Ms B has the most prosaic complaint of all : gallstones.
Kris - your were right! My crazy day did need some getting over - but I think I may be overdoing it a little.
More soon.
Stones of choice (if one were to be asked) by Marilyn Monroe.





16 comments:
Get well soon, Ms. B.!
(Word verification: mdbyc. I know what md stands for, but I can't make out byc. I hope it's something good.)
Poor Ms Baroque! I hope you feel better soon.
You poor thing Ms B! You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery. x x x
Best wishes for your complete recovery, immediately if not sooner. PS - love the blog.
Blimey! Sounds a bit alarming. Hope you're well very sooon.
Best of luck with the recovery, Ms B. Funnily enough, a relative of mine was just taken ill on holiday. They found a gangrenous gall bladder and 62 (sixty-two) gallstones. Fish and steamed veggies for him henceforth, apparently. Oh, and if he'd opted to go to London for the Op he'd have died on the plane. He says it's 'life altering'.
Omigod! Get better soon!
Sorry to hear you're unwell! Get better soon, Ms. B!
x
Gallstones smell really, really bad. Especially after ten or fifteen years.
Sorry to hear this, Ms B. Hope you were not in too much pain.
Ooh, err! I do hope you feel better soon. Mind yerself!
Sounds to me like Hackney's finest bloggers have made a pact to do some kind of research project at Homerton! (check out Ms Pants' latest post if this makes no sense). Hope you get less yellow and feel better soon
Miss H x
Get well. Read lots while you're doing it.
In the silver lining department: ground gallstones go for $900 an ounce.
You take after Mom, it seems. A wonderful thing to do, but perhaps not where gall stones are concerned. I hope they fix you up quickly xxoo sis
OWCH and OWCH again - Painful!
Hope you are feeling better soon. If they suggest whipping them out, do it, it's worth it. And then you can go back to eating normal things like, o, um, cream and stuff.
Get Well Soon 8>D xx
Andrew, my hospital reading was a translated article by Durs Grunbein (excuse lack of umlauts) in Poetry magazine, with your name on it. "byc" means bring your own chicken. It would have been good if I had.
Liz, Matt, Matt M, China Blue, Elizabeth, Cailleach - I'll see what I can do!
P-Ump, life-altering what? The fish? The near-death? What? I don't think mine is gangrenous... & I'm already losing weight.
Sarah, thanks! Glad you like it.
Kevin, not mine, I can assure you.
RTS, thanks. I was.
Miss H, thanks, I am less yellow already.
Bobby, and I'm also told they make very attractive accessories. "Wear your insides on your outside," as a waggish friend suggested the other day. I'm not sure the money wouldn't be just as good.
Sis, and Gran Grans both 1 & 2, and Uncle Walt, and Aunt Naomi... they are fixing me up slowly. I'll be two sizes thinner next time you see me.
Tea & Cake, I know! And I am trying not to think about cream & so forth - for the time being. Steamed veggies and grilled fish is sounding pretty good...
Post a Comment