u and the un-e-verse
A reader of E-verse Radio's newsletter has sent in "12 succinct descriptors for different astrological signs":
1. Aries: wannabe
2. Taurus: loose
3. Gemini: moody airhead
4. Cancer: agoraphobia
5. Leo: narcissist
6. Virgo: obsessive-compulsive
7. Libra: needy
8. Scorpio: jerk
9. Sagittarius: dilettante
10. Capricorn: workaholic doormat
11. Aquarius: hippie
12. Pisces: navel gazer
Apparently Ms B is a wannabe with a loose rising. I really thought there was more to me than that!
nb. If you want to know what your rising sign is, click here. You need to know what time you were born.
2. Taurus: loose
3. Gemini: moody airhead
4. Cancer: agoraphobia
5. Leo: narcissist
6. Virgo: obsessive-compulsive
7. Libra: needy
8. Scorpio: jerk
9. Sagittarius: dilettante
10. Capricorn: workaholic doormat
11. Aquarius: hippie
12. Pisces: navel gazer
Apparently Ms B is a wannabe with a loose rising. I really thought there was more to me than that!
nb. If you want to know what your rising sign is, click here. You need to know what time you were born.





9 comments:
Please, tell me I'm not needy. Tell me I'm good. Please?
I must say, you've never struck me as the needy type before now..!
Oh, this is great. I'm a needy, moody airhead. Today of all days. Pass me the valium.
I’m a Libran too, and probably more needy than China Blue, so they must have gotten us confused. Easy mistake, we both live in London, were born in the same century, have English as our first language and don’t look Chinese.
Baroqueney a while ago we had a short discussion about what each of us must sound like. I was just thinking that although the Englishman is a Scotsman, I can’t ever read his posts with a Scottish accent in mind. Even though he is from Glasgow, and they usually have to be subtitled in Edinburgh. The other day on BBC2 they played an old Joan Baez song, ‘Diamonds and Rust’, and for no better reason than you’ve both been to New York at some stage I decided that’s who you sound like. Her singing voice, that is. Don’t know what her speaking voice is like, though I must have heard it on the documentary No Direction Home. Melancholy I think sounds like my GP: a combination of Julie Christie and someone younger.
Jerk, moi! As if.
RTS, hope yesterday worked out all right. (I think we're all needy, moody airheads, anyway! Except P-Ump. Never an airhead him.)
P-Ump, that is the kindest, sweetest thing anyone has ever (gulp) said to me! I've heard tape recordings of myself speaking and I think I sound like a wannabe airhead with loose morals.
I've been told that my accent is a perfect combination of New York, London and Connecticut. When I heard myself speaking I was horrified to learn that this is indeed true, as well as me sounding like an airhead. God, the transatlantic ignominy.
P-Ump, who do you sound like then?
TSP, not you. Of course not you. They've mixed you up with someone else, like China Blue.
Then again, I have two Scorpio exes. They both shared the same birthday as Picasso! Why didn't that tip me off? Hmmm...
Scorpio - jerk. Yep, that's about right. But Geminis are not airheads. They are simply deeply misunderstood.
A Gemini
I sound like a Kiwi who doesn't sound much like a Kiwi (I know this from the fact that few even of my own countrymen and women guess my accent when meeting me). So, for example, I don't say Wullinkton or fush and chups or Nu Zilland. But I do say 'first five-eighth' instead of 'flyhalf' and 'half-back' not 'scrum-half'. Mrs Ump's colleagues from South London think I sound 'posh'. Not sure about that. My post friends never say it. Except one did after I did a crank call to her, but I was putting it on a bit. Worked too. And to win a bet I once did an Indian accent to a client (in an old job, I hasten to add) and got away with it. I dunno, Baroness B, what do you think I do (and separately _should_) sound like?
I'm definitely sticking with Joan Baez for you, no way are you gravelly like Stevie Nicks or completely English like Christine McVeigh. And I have met their former bodyguard and personal trainer (they weren't called such things in those days), who said they used drugs a lot. I still like the music, though David Byrne (and you do remind me in a way of him ...) said you can't write on heroin (and no I'm not suggesting you've ever done drugs - or not, for that matter, though I'm sure you're not on them now. I might just be, though, reading this drivellous rambling.
Er just to confirm that's MY drivellous ramblings! Your's would be poetic.
Post a Comment