Saturday, 24 March 2007

I'll give you "no fat"

This morning I woke up from a dream about a perfect, moist, bursting-with-fruit, Platonic pain au raisin. The custard was in close-up.

1 comment:

Political Umpire said...

The same thing happened to Garfield, on one of his diets, so you're in good company. He kept getting confronted by an imaginary ice-cream, which would occasionally take on a seductive female (but still ice cream) form. Then he said 'besides, you're not chocolate', to which the ice cream said 'nnnnooooo problem' and dutifully transformed itself.

I'm sure this isn't helping, but it might help you to know that I am still thinking of you and more to the point still thinking _because_ of you, so you really didn't need a tag to know that. But you got one anyway c/o a Chippendale's Thong. Englishman and I feel rather inadequate next to that, despite what you might have read on his blog about cricket fans making better lovers.

Just remember red wine is good for you Baroqueney. In fact, so much so that the French wine makers protested about toughened drink driving laws, because, they reasoned, in that inimitable Gallic style, that the laws might put people off red wine, and since red wine is good for you people would suffer. Others in France were killed by crashing into trees that line the roadsides in many parts of the countryside. The proposed solution there was to cut down the trees rather than cut down on drinking or driving too fast. You can see why the French have more fun.

I'm quite sure that if I was able to bring to bear the same sort of logic I'd now have convinced you that it's ok for you to drink not only red wine, but champagne. Ah! - Got it! Pommery make a wonderful drop from pinot noir, which is of course a red grape, and even though it isn't red wine because it doesn't have the skins, I'm sure the good bit would be there anyway.

Get drinking, Lady B. Here's an electronic jeroboam to get you started ( )