somewhere over the rainbow
Dear darling readers, when have you ever known Ms Baroque to rely on some random video for her content? Never, that's when. But here in Baroque Mansions we are possibly feeling a bit soppy with post-New Year hormones, or we've really had enough of the Saddam-inspired misery, or else this video simply hits all the right Wizard-of-Oz-comes-to-Woodstock notes (see how it changes into colour) - whatever, it just captures the moment for me and I hope you like it. Consider yourself hugged.





6 comments:
aaaah... that was so cheesy, but ridiculously happy-making. Thank you Ms Baroque.
Ah, that video has made my night, or moring. We did that once... in Southend high street. It's such a heartwarming thing - hugs are so fantastic. Cheers for posting that! =D *huggles*
Well. That made me cry. It also - though I know it was L.A. - made me miss NY wrenchingly. And I love that version of the song, too.
Hey Fish, and Meredith, welcome! See, there are times when cheesy hits just the right note. Sometimes it's these little things. Though Mlle B was disgusted, watching the video with me, at the way I kept chortling uncritically at the small kids. I'll turn into my grandfather soon.
Sis, well, nobody's ever going to do that in Hartford, are they!
Glad you all liked it.
Oh and yes, WHO recorded that cover?! Everybody knows it but nobody knows who it is!
And the question is: if they were hugging like that on Trumbull St (Sis) or (I have to imagine here) let's say Buckingham Palace Road, would I hug 'em? Or would I - jaded by beggars, Big Issue-sellers, tourists, and those guys shoving free newspapers in your face the whole time - run a mile? See...
Israel Kamakiwiwole (sp?) He was a 700 lb. Hawaiian singer who passed away about five years ago. His nickname was Brother Iz and is a legend. I have four of his CDs and all of the songs are very moving.
Thanks for the happy video!
Post a Comment