Wednesday, 27 June 2007

elegantly dressed picnics














Okay, so it's summer - and it's cold, and it was raining, and it's supposeed to rain a lot more for the next week or more. Let's live vicariously. Let's go to the past, to a strange time when everything was yet to come... .

I don't know who the others are, but right in the middle of this picture are Grandpa and Papa (spot the teenager) Baroque. I reckon the year is about 1950, give or take. Look at the lovely picnic spot they've gone to! (It will be somewhere in upstate New York, near the tiny town of Sidney where my grandparents lived.)

The picture was clearly taken by Grandma, and I surmise it was taken before the picnic. You can see it in their posture: "come on!" And is that a tupperware cake box the lady is holding?

No comments: