Friday, 8 June 2007

poetry reading! on Sunday!

a last-minute engagement: this is to let interested London-based readers know that I'm going to be reading on Sunday afternoon in Maida Vale.

The venue is a converted Welsh Presbyterian chapel (my grandfather would be pleased, except maybe not that it's disused) now called, even more appropriately, The Amadeus Centre. I'll have to read my Mozart poem.

The reading is in conjunction with a music event called 60x60, and the whole thing kicks off at 3pm. It'll be an hour of poetry and an hour of music, followed - presumably - by drinks, at least that's what I'll be doing.

The readers are:
Anne Cammon, more info here
Barbara Marsh, more info here
Liane Strauss, more info here
and me, more info here!

To recap, the details:

Time: Sunday June 10, 3pm
Place: The Amadeus Centre, 50 Shirland Rd, W9
Admission: free, I think

3 comments:

Rob said...

Sounds good! I'm also doing a last-minute reading on Sunday, except in Edinburgh at the Leith Festival - I and a few others each have a ten-minute slot and then (I think) there's an open mic in the second half. Could be rowdy.

Yours sounds like fun. If we were celebrities, I could jet down and hear you in the afternoon, and then you could jet up and hear me in the evening. Good luck!

Political Umpire said...

Splendid Ms B, but although I am London based, I have a luncheon engagement Sunday, as they used to say. But, enjoy!

Miss Hacksaw said...

Fantastic! Sadly I am otherwise engaged, but wish you luck and I wish I could come. Bon chance!