Tuesday, 26 June 2007

things to make and do













(By this stage I'm sure I owe Will at Drink-Soaked Trots some money or something.) You can:


Sorry, not writing much this week: I'm getting ready for the op and the arrival of the Baroque Sibling. In half an hour I'm off to get my roots done - if I get stuck in the house with pains in my side, gas pumped into me, anaesthetic in my system, painkillers dulling my sense (as if of hemock I had drunk) and some mad, grey-haired old lady in the mirror it will just impede my recovery. I need to get a chicken and make the soup for afterwards - remember last time? It took ages and then I had to make the soup when I was sick! (I don't think the Baroque sister has ever made chicken soup out of a whole chicken. I could be wrong, but I may as well do it today anyway.) I should really change the beds, too. And pick up my new glasses, if they're ready. Oh, and write the rest of my MacNeice piece.

But at least I've given you kids something to keep you busy while I'm busy! Oh, and the other thing you can do, if you feel like something a bit more poetry-based, is:


Have a great day!

4 comments:

CoirĂ­ FilĂ­ochta said...

Good luck with the op..Why don't you go au natural and let the grey out. I started going grey at 16 and dyed my hair once, at the insistence of my pals who bought the stuff and said i looked ten years younger, but i felt a fake and after a few weeks caught sight of myself in the paul macartney purple mode, grey roots showing, so took the clippers to it, and as the blue hair tumbled and i saw the silver locks for the first time in ages, knew i would never dye again.

But all my sisters do theirs, and i suppose blokes have an easier time, but the best way i've seen a grey-head women wear hers is a short cut, but good luck and hope all goes well..

Andrew Shields said...

Thanks for the publicity! :-)

34 votes have been cast. All are welcome to participate.

Reading the Signs said...

Here's to a good recovery, and more of what you fancy afterwards.

I would also be encouraging you to let the grey out, but have myself abandoned grey pride and am back in the closet, hitting the bottle. The effect is badger/punk/cruella - I do my own. Your plan sounds best for recovery.

Ms Baroque said...

Thanks guys. Let's just get one thing straight: I don't even know how much of it iIS grey, and I don't WANT to know. Even when I had no grey hair at all I used to dye it.

You may recall that when challenged to list my achievements of 2006, Ms B listed "getting my hair colour right." That's not the kind of thing you just toss away.

However, thanks for the kind thoughts! We will get there in the end. I'm told however that I face a post-op month of food restrictions - but, as the family friend told me, "don't worry, because you won't feel like eating anything." She said, "but you'll lose weight!"

I have bought some slightly smaller tops today, as I am already slightly smaller and expect to get more so. Mlle B tells me I look as if I'm wearing someone else's clothes.

And a smaller handbag. You know.

And a chicken.