reminder: poetry this afternoon
To refresh your memories as you sit planning your Sunday: I will be reading in Maida Vale at 3pm. It's in conjunction with a music event called 60x60; there'll be an hour of poetry and an hour of music ,in a lovely building, on a lovely day, hopefully with some wine (not too much, in my case).
The readers are:
Anne Cammon, more info here
Barbara Marsh, more info here
Liane Strauss, more info here
Heather Holden, more info here
and me, more info here!
Liane, Heather and I are also both in a book together, an anthology of six poets called The Like Of It; copies will be available this afternoon.
To recap, the details:
Time: Sunday June 10, 3pm
Place: The Amadeus Centre, 50 Shirland Rd, W9
Admission: free, I think





5 comments:
Sometimes I live just too far away.
I might point you here http://wordcarving.blogspot.com
for a most excellent poet.
Btw, I have a friend called Iris who lives in Shirland Road - do you know her?
I love it when you say "shameless puffs." Sounds naughty and yummy.
Yay!
Have a great time. Wish I were there.
All these excuses, golly, the sort my uncle used to get when he was having a slide night. Well I'll tell you what, if I was in London I'd turn up for sure (in disguise), I'm a renowned voyeur.
-Robert.
(And Peeping Tom too)
Okay well, the crowd was small but fun, & the 60x60 music event was really interesting - especially if you like electronica (60 pieces by 60 composers around the world, each no more than a minute long). Some of it I loved loved. The poetry reading at the start was ace. Three of us already appear together in an anthology of six poets, called The Like Of It - and those three of us are friends with a fourth, Barbara Marsh, and Barbara is friends with Anne Cammon (and so are the rest of us, now). It's all a bit incestuous I suppose, Anne's partner Robert runs 60x60, and Barbara's partner Steve, who's a musician, has had work in 60x60.
So... the reading... it all worked really well! It was a mixture of new things and old things, and some humour (I read a new thing that's like an elaborate joke, extended wordplay, and Heather's stuff is VERY dry but hilariously deadpan) and some more serious pieces... Liane's very structural pieces worked well in anticipation of the musical structures, and Anne read a short story in the middle of the reading, which gave us a larger structure too. The whole thing was fab. And then we went for a drink.
Altogether a success of a day.
Minx, I've never been in Shirland Road before - in fact, it was like another country. They have a fab bar there called - no, I forget the name.
Erin, you're in Ohio. I forgive you. Though I also wish you were there!
Robert, for all I know you were there, after all. Do you have a navy blue baseball cap?
Yes, but I also have a squint, a hunchback, and a very obvious limp; the cap wouldn't do much to hide it all.
Post a Comment