Sunday, 17 June 2007

scraping the barrel in Albert Square

Just as it seemed to be getting better.

Now the bloody Polish guy is hitting Shirley - in the same room, the same doorway, where they set the whole turgid business with Denise and her insane wife-beating ex, not one year ago. I thought th ePolish builder was going to be fun! But no! They just can't spot comic potential, they think we all want to sit around larfing at those endlessly repetitive Keith jokes. And I'm sick of domestic violence. It's all biology equals destiny, on EastBloodyEnders, isn't it. Women are weak, duplicitous, conniving creatures at the mercy of their hormones and their men, and men are great lumps.

There must be another storyline available in this day and age. Even that book last year said there were seven, but EastEnders only ever uses three of them.

Not only that but "my mum's a slag" is wearing pretty damn thin. What is this, 1957? Jesus. My kids watch this.

And what, like Max & Tania and the kids have just left? To escape the bunny-boiling Stacey? Lave her alone! She's the best thing in Walford at the moment. And what about Tania's Girl Power plan to open another salon?

And this storyline with the baby-mad GP. What's it all about? So Dawn is now a prisoner of Mad Dr Whatshername and Unattractive Rob, and it's all been a plot to get her baby off her, all along? He never loved her?

Insane.

We all know blokes aren't like that.

And why does the decorator Marco or whatever his name is have to move in? Kissing people's hands!? Tedious. And are they really going to redecorate the Vic? Even more tedious.

Stacey and Bradley getting back together, good. But you just know Max & co will return after all, and the whole thing will end in tears. Mine.

I really did prefer Abby's guinea pig.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I am ever in the room when Eastenders is on, I have to avoid sitting close to the TV or, indeed, near anyone at all, because it makes me violent.

Monozygote said...

Thank you so much for this, ms baro! I was in prison last week, in solitary, so I missed all of last week's Easties. Thanks for the fab precis.

Ms Baroque said...

China Blue, I'm the same, except I sit still anyway. The kids tend to leave the room because of me, not the TV.

Dandelion, your comment is almost as interesting as EastEnders itself! Glad to be of assistance. And yes, I think that about covers it.

Monozygote said...

ms baroque! how did you get to be so fabulous? I will try to do better comments in future.

Anonymous said...

Even I am bored with Benders- and that's saying something.

They bottomed out and ran out of ideas the day Grant Mitchell left.

Miss Hacksaw said...

Ms B, I was about to post something exactly along these lines, but I see you have kindly done it for me. I thought we were in comedy territory with the Polish builder but it seems I was wrong. And how has Carly's acting got worse?! This country (Partridge voice).

Also: where is the dog that Beale acquired after Wellard bit him on the ass? Canine capers have gone downhill since the good old days of Willy and Roly.

Ms Baroque said...

To say nothing of Betty.

How right you are, Miss H. and Kris, you both speak the truth.

Miss H, oh go on and post anyway, it'll be a laff!

Jane Holland said...

Please stop watching Eastenders. Stop now before your brain atrophies. I once watched Corrie as a matter of course. After I finally weaned myself off it, it took me years to recover some semblance of intelligence. You know not what you do, poor fools. If that haunting music comes on, press the Off button and throw aside the remote. Don't touch the switch. Run, run for your lives ...

Jx