Thursday, 1 November 2007

in which Ms B has arrived again, and some housekeeping

If readers in London would like to buy a copy of this week's Time Out magazine, they will no doubt love to see their reading habits vindicated on page 63 - the books page - where Baroque in Hackney is featured under a big red headline: "Add to favourites." Yes, please! Described as "wearing its erudition lightly," Baroque "can leap with ease from a discussion of Nabokov's love of punning to the perils of buying a coat form Primark." I'd just like to point out here my reaction to those perils: I never have bought a coat in Primark.

Many thanks to the darlings at Time Out for their perspicacity.

On another note, I see comments are at an all-time low. I'm very happy about the comments I have received lately, but would those regular commenters who have been so silent for so many days like to reassure me that they're all right? Just drop an x in the box...

9 comments:

Political Umpire said...

x

P-Ump xxx

Quink said...

X B X

Ms Baroque said...

Thanks you two, you are both darlings. I knew you were both fine. xx

Mopsa said...

Time Out - it's been so long since I was in London that TO seems to be part of my long gone juvenile existence. However, I still appreciate it's ubiquity in the capital so here's to LOTS of Baroque hits.

Anonymous said...

My plug has such esteemed company now! Congrats on the recognition, Ms. B. Much deserved.

Anonymous said...

You're famous. And all I do is bitch at kids all day to stop talking in class and explain, repeatedly, that yes it *is* rude to call someone a motherfucker, even if it is in Spanish. So genes aren't everything, apparently.

xxoo

Sis

Ms Baroque said...

Mopsa, lots of hits but strangely from almost everywhere except London! Go figure.

Clay! But yours is still the nicest. How are you??

And Sissy. I'm not famous. Can you please tell me how to say motherfucker in Spanish so I can call my kids that? Thank you.

Pants said...

Hi Ms B

Time Out always had great taste.

xxx

Pants

Anonymous said...

Only a recent reader, but enjoying the baroque very much, and leaving my very Londony X (born North, live South) here with pleasure.

And yes, the Spanish for motherfucker would come in handy round here too, if you wouldn't mind...

Emma