Sunday, 16 March 2008

arcana, canis and the arse

By the way, lest we think the debate over the corrupting democratisation of the blogosphere and its hordes of uneducated oik denizens has gone away, here's a fun snippet:

"Don Paterson 'fucking hates blogs' - in case you were interested..."

Now, why is that? (It strikes me that George Szirtes, for example, doesn't.)

I bet Andy Croft has an idea...

Sorry. I've given you homework. Both poets' essays are really well worth reading, though, and Croft in the New Statesman will raise a laugh. He did in me, anyway. Just what you need on a rainy Sunday.

1 comment:

Rachel Fox said...

What's weird is...I kind of hate blogs too...another way of losing time at the computer, lots more stuff you don't really need to read, quite a lot of just-showing-off writing, quite a lot of just-arse-licking writing...and yet...here I am (when it's Sunday and I could be at bible study group - NOT!). Sometimes even the things that you know aren't necessarily good for you somehow end up moving you along anyway. Either that or I'm just a trash addict who's forgotten how to read real books (quite possible).