Seek, as they say, and ye shall find
Long time since I posted up any search terms via which people have reached Baroque Mansions. It is sort of boring. But this one I like:
elegantly dressed girls with pretty, bare feet
See?
poetry, criticism and comment, now moved to www.baroqueinhackney.com
Long time since I posted up any search terms via which people have reached Baroque Mansions. It is sort of boring. But this one I like:
elegantly dressed girls with pretty, bare feet
See?
Posted by
Ms Baroque
at
11:43 am
Labels: bagatelles, blogging things
8 comments:
I've gone through this several times without working out what aspect of "elegantly dressed girls with pretty, bare feet" could possibly be boring. Even at midnight on Sunday (which, needless to observe, makes it Monday morning . . . ) that has taken me places aplenty, none dull.
...elegantly dressed girls with pretty, bare feet...
Now that puts a lovely vision into my Sunday life. Thank you.
Beau who's smiling
in Seattle
It's a lesson in humility, innit? All that craft, all that erudition, and people still show up becaus they're looking for...posts about feet. In my case, I keep drawing readers (insofar as I do draw readers) who are searching for "poems about ducks" and "poems about friction." Not, mind you, "immortal verse masterpieces" or "best poems in the habited portions of the universe" or "poems Shakespeare wishes he had written," but "poems about ducks."
I'll have to try to write a poem about feet.
Richard, I know, I know... note that they didn;t say "grown women of uncertain girth, elegantly dressed but whose jeans no longer do up even though they did last week, with feet that would be quite pretty if only the nail polish wasn't chipped".
However, somehow they ended up here - let's hope they went away a little the wiser, or at least a little more full of literary gossip!
Beau, we live to please. Glad you liked it, & welcome. Tell us - was it you?
P Ump, see my comment to RHE above as to why it's boring - but no, I meant it's boring when bloggers go on and on about all the amusing search terms that have led the 5,000 readers to their site within the past hour... you know the kind of thing... anyway, I don;t get all that many random searches these days. I get regulars. I know which I like better! :showers air kisses on regulars:
I've just been, if you'll excuse the pun, 'air blushed'.
I don't even know how to find out who is searching and finding me, so I don't get the chance to be boring - or interesting - on that front.
pu,
You don't want to know. As if ducks and friction weren't enough, a significant percentage of my visitors arrive by typographical error, having typed "rhe" when they meant "the." It's as though Katy's readers had meant to search for "broken Hockney."
Intriguing if they had. I wonder if there is a market for broken Hockney pieces out there? I imagine that's the only way I'd be ever able to afford them. I should think Katy would be flattered to think people after a legendary artist would land on her Mansion doorstep; I'm sure they too would like what they found, though I've never asked K what her views on the use of optics in renaissance painting are.
It might mean too that a lot of Katy's readers are discovering Hockney's work too.
Sadly I can't think of a parallel for my own blog (probably explains in part the considerably lower readership I have). Croquet and Criminalisation? Poetical Omniped?
Actually I was stricken by the thought of a broken Hockney, and touched wood!
Yes, though if it were a broken Hockney picture, one might love to have it in one's home. As it happens my Uncle Mike, who lives in LA and is a genius in perspex, does Hockney's framing.
Palatable Empire, anyone?
Post a Comment