suddenly everybody's depressed
New in:
The Welsh poet Gwyneth Lewis asked Les Murray (Australia's most cantankerous depressive and autistic great poet) what the cure for depression is.
"The truth," he said.
poetry, criticism and comment, now moved to www.baroqueinhackney.com
New in:
The Welsh poet Gwyneth Lewis asked Les Murray (Australia's most cantankerous depressive and autistic great poet) what the cure for depression is.
"The truth," he said.
Posted by
Ms Baroque
at
12:48 pm
Labels: bagatelles, happy, Les Murray, the meaning of life
4 comments:
It is the season for it. I believe February is usually top month for suicides. We're into March now, of course, but just feel that chill in the air.
I'm not keen on this little moment of wisdom from Les Murray. One of those catch-all spiritual-sounding remedies, like Chicken Soup or 'Wax on, wax off'. Still, whatever does it for him ...
Jane I like it - not because it's a catch-all spiritual-sounding remedy but because if you think about it, it's TRUE. I know it sounds like Mary Poppins, but I think when one is very depressed it is good to remember that that bleak, black view is not the only thing that's real.
But then, that's me. And I've definitely been in that place where you can't see the other side.
madam,
I like this
yours
a presbyterian
Yep - we wake up with that every day until Jan. 21, 2009: Another Day with Bush and Cheney at the helm. Enough to depress anyone, but it is the truth of the matter.
Post a Comment