Sunday, 23 March 2008

an Easter postcard from Texas

An email from my funniest auntie: I think it's still only 11.30am in Texas, so this is hot off the press! I feel sure she won't mind, especially after all she's been through.

"Whew!" (she writes.) "While it's fresh, I must tell you about my church experience with friends today. I love them dearly, BUT... First off there was a Starbucks in the church lobby. What the heck, I had a latte.

In the sanctuary there was nary a bloom in sight. No flowers. I guess that's because they didn't want to trip over them on the way to the guitars, keyboards, drums - you get the picture.

My pet peeve is those ---- screens on the wall instead of hymn books. And didn't recognize but one song (they're not hymns).

The pastor's a real nice guy. But please - he was wearing an argyle sweater, not even a tie. Never again! I came right home and poured a mimosa!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds as if your aunt is, like me, a traditionalist not fully into “contemporary worship.

Easter blessings you!

Ms Baroque said...

Why thanks Nick - hope you had a very happy Easter yourself! Blessings always welcome.