in which I choke on a heart

a foolish attempt
How can it be?? How can an artichoke heart - a beautiful, soft, delicately flavoured flower that melts on your tongue - how can it be like a piece of tasteless wet old leather?
Frozen artichokes! I must have been insane. Does anybody here know how they work?
The story of my life at the moment: the most expensive food, badly cooked. Really. I should just give up, and live on pre-cooked prawns, chili sauce, dry bread and boiled broccoli. It's expensive and crap but, unless you steam the broccoli dry and burn it, at least it's reliable.





4 comments:
Broccoli: a thing of beauty (when not cooked to a mush).
Have you tried just going for the simple meals? Houmous and Pitta bread (Shephards Bush Market have some great deals on it usually). Sausage and Mash, bacon sarnies etc. All are good options.
And if all that fails there is a very nice kebab shop just up the road from Hackney Town Hall (up the road and to your right if you were coming out of the hall). I filmed there once and must say that the food was excellent and service pretty fast. Lots of room on the table to write and read too.
Hi Jan, thanks for stopping by! I think you might have missed "Chapter 1, In Which I Get Gall Stones and Am Forbidden to Eat Any Fat At All."
Not even olive oil.
You're talking about the Anatolya, I used to live just up the road from it - it is indeed a superior establishment! Oh, Turkish food. Not long now, anyway.
i was never happier than when i lived on beer and crisps
Post a Comment