Wednesday, 6 February 2008

elegantly dressed TS Eliot




















I love this uncharacteristic picture; almost everything about it pleases me: the filing cabinets, the white cuffs and handkerchief, the way he's leaning forward, the way he looks like he's carved out of very beautiful cherry-wood, the way he looks like my grandfather, the burnished throne desk. It makes me smile - though I realise I may be more used to that than old Tom. Bless him. And it is Ash Wednesday today, for about another 40 minutes, after all... and would it have been worth it... oh, I think so.

4 comments:

Pants said...

Capital Ms B

You KNOW I love Eliot.

xxx

Pants

Ms Baroque said...

Ms P! Where ARE you? And you didnt do so bad yourself, with your recent "elegantly dressed with two writers" effort.

Glamourpuss said...

Excellent photograph - such novelty.

Puss

Pants said...

Hi Ms B

Arrived in Australia now - will post soon. I was wearing a FLEECE - how could I even pretend to EDW? In my own defence, it was effing cold in India.

xxx

Pants