the ghostly presence
A strange dream last night, in which I'm looking at my reflection in a shop window or similar... but there is another reflection of me, lurking behind the one that's moving, smiling, etc. The one behind is sad, or at least very still and expressionless. So, I'm looking at two reflections of my face at once, in the same window, and they are separate. I deliberately try out some different facial expressions: the front face makes them, the face behind doesn't.
As to how we construct indicators in dreams: in both these reflections I have the kind of glasses I used to have: not the big round metal NHS ones I had for years (yes, children, it's true), but some smaller ones I used to have before that.
Also: I think this dream is in black-&-white. The quality of reflection off glass is perfectly rendered.





1 comment:
I often dream that I'm reading something, and it's very interesting, and I get a bit worried because it's my style but better than I can do, then I begin to think this writer sounds too much like me, and I realise it IS me, making it up as I go along for myself to read. How's that, two selves, and the thing I like to read most is the sort of thing I write.
Post a Comment