Monday, 11 February 2008

it's so romantic

Overheard, two colleagues trying to identify some pub one of them had in mind for a Valentine's Day triste - I mean tryst:

"Have you ever been to that place, it's on both sides of the street, because of the arches..."

"Is it right near Heaven? I'm sure I've been to a place like that around there."

"Oh, I know the one you mean! Yes! That's it. You always see someone vaguely famous slumped against the window."

5 comments:

Quink said...

They almost certainly mean the Ship & Shovell in Craven Passage...

Ahem.

Ms Baroque said...

Ben, yes they do but apparently it has an 'e' at the end - what a load of bollocks.

Are you clearing your throat there in grief-stricken longing for your own days slumped againt the window?

Rik said...

I've had a few drinks in that pub. Never saw anyone famous, though.

Glamourpuss said...

Craven Passage sounds like a satanic sex act - enough to make anyone clear their throat.

Puss

Quink said...

Yes, I was clearing my throat at the innuendo. Though it is also very sad that I immediately knew the pub, though being in two buildings isn't exactly a subtle design feature...

If I were in the area I'd be more inclined to walk across the bridge to Waterloo and drop in at the King's Arms, Roupell Street.