Saturday, 12 May 2007

sometimes, though, it is a pale imitation

The girls burst into the flat and drape themselves around the living room. I notice a crepe bandage around Kitty's foot.

"Kitty," I say, "What happened to your foot?"

"Oh," she says, straight as a die. "I was singing 'I Believe I Can Fly' at the top of the stairs at Ella's house and I fell."

There's a pause. "Can I put that in my blog?" I say.

She takes a suck on her purple jewel-ring lollipop and smiles sweetly. "Of course," she says.

4 comments:

Pants said...

Now THAT is art.

Big Chip Dale said...

I see now, Ms. Baroque, what you were saying in your comment to my latest post over at Chipster Central, but now your glimpse of reality is in your blog, how real does it remain? Or conversely, doesn't this prove that art is something created and fashioned from real life but quite different to real life?

Ms Baroque said...

Chippy, you'd better ask r.h., he's the expert verfifier.

I showed this post to Kitty and she thinks I've captured her exactly. She even called her mum to make her go and look.

Ms Baroque said...

(not sure if that counts.)