Sunday, 13 May 2007

verka serdyuchka was robbed


Ukraine didn't win Eurovision. How did that happen! There's no excuse for it. However, dear people, our consolation prize is this brilliant promotional video, which just, in a nutshell, makes me laugh every single time. You've got to love this guy.*

I know, I know: the video lacks the silver dazzle and glamour of the stage performance, and also the Eurovision performance was enchantingly hectic. Once you've seen this you'll definitely think the performance was sadly lacking in X-ray specs.

* Verka Serdyuchka is apparently a huge star all over the old USSR. I can really see why. And it makes you ask: if they're putting up a mega-popular entertainer, what the hell are we doing? We didn't even have enough distinction to keep our "nul points" cachet.

5 comments:

Big Chip Dale said...

After my marathon live blogging session last night, I'm feeling a bit worn out, but I'm even more convinced that the Ukraine were robbed. I didn't know they put up such a superstar, though I confess that the midget cosmonaut cracks me up every time I see him/her.

Ms Baroque said...

Chippy, I know. It's too great. I should think you especially love the Ukrainian thongfest that is the video.

I hope you've seen the video! It's not working very well right now - too many hits maybe.

Big Chip Dale said...

Okay, I admit. I didn't realise. I've now seen the whole video. Greatest video. Ever.

I'd like to announce that I now intend to move to the Ukraine. Midget cosmonauts and a thong friendly nation. What more could I ask for?

Rob said...

I liked the French best, even though Terry Wogan hated them (their video is terrific too - I've linked to it from my blog entry).

The Serbian winner was awful - a power ballad straight out of the worst of the 1980s.

I had a soft spot for the Bulgarian drummers. That was so corny it almost worked.

Madame Arcati said...

No, Georgia was robbed. Go listen. Btw, how did you get that YouTube graphic link onto your site?, I want to do that.