it's not Eric...
... no, it's Tony Blair, as he might have delivered Churchill's 'we will fight them on the beaches' speech - brought to us by That's So Pants:
‘Look…. What’s happened here is wrong and we as a community need to think about ways in which we can ensure that when these things happen there are ways and means of dealing with what is clearly unacceptable and I know that people want to feel that their community is safe and that the people who deliver those services are able to do so with the support of the whole community.’
Please, please do me a personal favour, and go read her "Blair's version" of "I have a dream." (Actually, it's a nightmare. I think you have it, too.)





6 comments:
Hi Ms B
Thanks for the link.
It takes quite a bit of effort to see the funny side of Blair but well worth it if you can be arsed.
Great quote, and I enjoyed all of Ms Knickers' post. Thing is, if Blair had been in power for any length of time by 1940, he would have intervened in so many conflicts there would have been no forces left to form the BEF. Or, perhaps, he would have been at the forefront of 'liberal intervention' in Europe as indeed he was in Kosovo early in his first term. In those circumstances, assuming he'd had a more generous chancellor coughing up for some rearmament, he would have chivvied the French and others into stopping Hitler in 1936, when the balance of power favoured the allies a lot more than it did in 1939. The Germans routed the BEF and the French in 1940 because they understood offensive warfare much better (not, contrary to received wisdom, because they had more troops (they didn't), better tanks (not decisively) or because the Maginot Line was too short (it did what it was designed to do - force the Germans to go through Belgium and thus keep the fighting from France, though the French got the Ardennes badly wrong which enabled the German pincer movement)). Had the allies attacked first, in response to Czechoslovakia, then things might have proceeded rather differently. Then again, Hitler would have stayed in power (at most Germany would have withdrawn from Czech and sulked for a bit) and perhaps the Germans would have got the bomb first, which would mean Hitler would have taught a lesson to those who had opposed him and then conquered Russia in plenty of time for the winter.
Sorry, I promise I'll post something vaguely relevant next time. Have just had a meeting with a senior person, who decided to insult me. Up with this I will not put, so I've been very prickly all morning as a result.
I don't know... Is it just me or does Eric Blair always reminds you of a poor-man's George Orwell?
Astoundingly insipid for someone who has caused more death and suffering than Margaret Thatcher ever did.
If only John Smith hadn't died...
Dropped into say I love the nurofen post, but no idea how to comment on it...
I heard a nice one in Somerfield earlier. I was selecting a bottle of plonk when I overheard a young son say to his mother, apropos of absolutely nothing at all:
"Mummy. Do you know I can spell MONSTER?"
TSP, a pleasure, and you made the effort so we wouldn't have to. Fopr that I salute you.
P-Ump, is this what happens when you come out of bad meetings? Jaysus! Well done though!
Chip, I just don't know how you do it.
Steerforth, several people have been saying that this week, funnily enough. I remember that day.
And Quink, ta for the heads-up, why does bloody Blogger do that? Every so often I make a new post and it just shuts down comments, all by itself, for no reason. I've fixed it.
I've never seen a cute child in that Somerfield, you are very lucky. You should look on the bottom shelf, near the corner, for a Corbieres with a rather ornate peach-coloured label. It's £4.99 & very nice.
Post a Comment